Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Example # 234 of Techonology Hating Me.

Our last project for Illustration 1 was an open assignment. HOO-RAH. I wanted to represent the major spells cast (in the musical version of Wicked), and take another opportunity to mess around with Painter. I was going to add in the 'ruby slippers,' but couldn't find a placement that didn't seem really awkward.BLAHBLAHBLAH




So the colors on this are CRAZY! Not at all what I started with. EVERYTIME I saved the file all of the colors would get washed out. I'd go back in, adding back where I could, and then BAM. Washed out even more. I don't get it. No matter what I saved it as the file still ended up getting modified without my consent. That bg color? That was once a nice golden yellow. I never changed it.





.....harumph.

1 comment:

  1. When saving it as a jpeg, make sure its RGB and not CMYK. Otherwise, it inverts the colors on your image when you post them. You can change that in Photoshop by going to Image > Mode > RGB Color. One way to see how your image will look on the internet is to open the jpeg file in Photoshop. Go to View > Proof Setup > Monitor RGB. Sometimes it will be already selected, but you'll have to click it again for it to work. Then just edit your photo and save it. It should stay the way you save it and not looks desaturated when you post. I had the same trouble with my images for like a year lol. Just learned how to change them.

    ReplyDelete